The Flip jack foot come in two widths.
One to fit a 2-1/4" jack, and one to fit a 2" jack. To find out what
size jack you have measure the width of your jack above the trailer
frame (as shown in the illustration to the right.)
- A 2-1/4" Flip fits almost all standard tongue jacks (95+%).
- A 2" Flip fits very small trailers and somE electric tongue jacks.
With the trailer hitched as you usually tow:
- If there is 8" to 10" from the bottom of the outside jack tube to the ground use a 4" tall Flip jack foot.
- If there is more than 10" from the bottom of the outside jack tube to the ground use a 6" tall Flip jack foot.
General RuleAverage height person with trailer coupled to tow vehicle:
- If the top of your trailer frame sits above the bottom of your knee cap you probably need a 6" tall Flip jack foot.
- If it sits below the bottom of your knee you probably need a 4" tall Flip jack foot.
4" Flip Jack Foot
The 4" Flip works best on trailers with
low decks like horse trailers, flatbed trailers, some older model RV
Travel trailers and small single axle trialers.
6" Flip Jack Foot
The 6" Flip works best on trailers with
taller decks like over the axle flat bed trailers, enclosed cargo
trailers, atv/snowmobile V-nose trailers and newer RV travel trailers.